Scientists for Wired Technology’s, projects are focused on protecting American families from continuous Pulsed Radiofrequency Microwave radiation exposures:
- Oppose U.S. Senate Bill S.19: The Making Opportunities for Broadband Investment and Limiting Excessive and Needless Obstacles to Wireless Act
- Oppose U.S. Senate Bill S.88: Developing Innovation and Growing the Internet of Things Act
- Oppose California Senate Bill SB.649: The Wireless telecommunications facilities bill
- Support Proposed California legislation to remove RF/MW radiation from schools from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, when students are present.
Mobile Wireless is Already Big Business — and About to Triple in Size
In 2015, the four major Wireless companies took in nearly $350 billion in revenue: about 80% split evenly between AT&T and Verizon, about 18% evenly split between Sprint and T-Mobile and rthe remaining 2% split among the other dozen or so firms that resell access to one of these four networks.
As we learned in this recent US Senate hearing, from 2000 to 2015, U.S. Network mobile Wireless operators
- Spent $79 billion to license radio frequency microwave spectrum from the U.S. Government
- Spent $423 billion to achieve redundant, saturated coverage (97.9% of American can get wireless service from three separate networks and 93.4 % of American can get wireless service from three separate netwkorks)
- Erected 307,000 mobile communications base stations, ranging from traditional 200-foot high cell towers to installing two-way microwave transmitters on water towers, bridges, commercial buildings and many other places
Now, in 2017 the US Government and the Wireless industry are attempting to double or even triple the amount licensed and unlicensed microwave spectrum and spend another $300 billion to put two-way microwave transmitters on residential utility poles directly in front of second-story bedroom windows all across America.
Since 2010, Americans have already endured a massive increase in Pulsed Radio-Frequency Microwave Radiation (RF/MW radiation) exposures in our communities from the following:
- The forced installation of so-called Smart Meters, part of the Advanced Metering Infrastructure. This deployment occurred despite loud protests, without business/homeowners’ informed consent and even with installers not following required International Building Codes, which created fire hazards for many and transferred new liabilities to business owners and homeowners everywhere.
- The federally-incentivized installation of Wireless Access Points into our schools, again without parents’ informed consent and with no research-based education research to justify the specious educational benefit in exchange for these massive local expenditures.
- The proliferation of 4G/LTE antennas, installed nearly everywhere so the foolish among us can stream high-def cat videos, sports highlights and sit-coms wirelessly to their so-called smart phones, tablets and laptops.
This is Simply Too Much Continuous Pulsed Microwave Radiation for Living Organisms to Tolerate
Prior to the passage of the 1996 Telecommunications Act, installation of mobile communications base stations (better known in the U.S. as cell towers) was much more measured and rational: the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) recommended as early as 1993 to keep cell towers away from schools and hospitals. The few towers that were constructed often placed their antennas 200-feet in the air and at least 2,500 feet from schools or hospitals.
Fast forward to 2017 and current proposed legislation is about to make things much more hazardous for us all. A host of legislation & heavily lobbied by the Big Wireless Companies (Verizon, AT&T, Spring and T-Mobile and their 12 or so virtual operators that piggyback on these Wireless Networks) & designed to remove the authority of local communities to protect the health and well-being of its residents, the property values of its residents and the unique characters of these communities.
In the next six months, communities all over the U.S. are scheduled to have cell towers installed on utility poles and light poles that are literally 20 feet in front of residential second-story bedroom windows. The U.S. Federal and State governments are rushing legislation forward to shove this down our throats by exempting these antenna installations from local ordinances and regulations:
The Federal and State over-reach is so far out of balance, that the Federal and State government officials, many of whom are bought and paid for by Big Wireless, are creating unconstitutional power grabs to justify unnecessary and dangerous over-expansion of competing Wireless networks.
- Proposed California legislation to protect school populations from Radio-Frequency Microwave radiation (RF/MW radiation)
- Create and curate templates and action plans for groups in other states to take actions to protect themselves
- Maintain an up-to-date repository of actions taken in other states that are effective at protecting living oranisms from RF/MW radiation.
- Lobby U.S. Senators and Representatives in Washington, DC to oppose U.S. Senate Bills S.19 and S.88
- Lobby U.S. Senators and Representatives in California to oppose CA Senate Bills AB-57 and SB-64988
- Raise funds for a legal action against a California Public School District, seeking effective relief from RF/MW radiation exposures