In a 1976 classified memo, written by Ambassador Walter Stoessel to Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and marked NODIS — No Distribution (other than to persons indicated) — the U.S. Government said that Radiofrequency Microwave (RF/MW) Radiation exposures of 1,000 to 15,000 microwattts per square meter (µW/m²) is a health hazard and is unacceptable.
Sun Apr 7, 2013 21:00 EST
WIKILEAKS SPECIAL PROJECT K: THE KISSINGER CABLES
The Kissinger Cables are part of today’s launch of the WikiLeaks Public Library of US Diplomacy (PlusD), which holds the world’s largest searchable collection of United States confidential, or formerly confidential, diplomatic communications. As of its launch on April 8, 2013 it holds two million records comprising approximately 1 billion words.
WikiLeaks’ publisher Julian Assange stated:
"The collection covers US involvements in, and diplomatic or intelligence reporting on, every country on Earth. It is the single most significant body of geopolitical material ever published."
Important Cable re: Radiofrequency Microwave (RF/MW) Radiation
Exposures of US Embassy Personnel in Moscow
While it was known for decades that RF Microwave Radiation exposures of 1,000 to 15,000 µW/m² were hazardous, in 1996, the FCC chose an existing RF Microwave Radiation exposure guideline for uncontrolled populations which was 10,000,000 µW/m² for an unlimited time of exposure, which is, of course, utter nonsense for the following reasons:
- The very measurement unit for pulsed, data-modulated, Radiofrequency Microwave (RF/MW) Radiation — µW/m² (millionths of a Watt spread over a square meter) — represents only the rate of exposure, not the total exposure over time. Using the rate of exposue is based on a false assumption that human beings and other living organisms can dissipate the biological effects of RF/MW Radiation, similar to how some living organisms can dissipate heat. This assumption has been scientifically disproven by tens of thousands of peer-reviewed scientific studies since the 1920’s.
- We all know from direct experience that total exposure over time is what really matters — for exposure to Electromagnetic Radiation from the Sun: a short exposure time results in a sun tan, but an all-day exposure, without sunscreen, causes severe sun burn.
- Dr. Ronald L. Melnick, the lead designer of the 16-year, $25 million dollar National Institute of Health’s National Toxicology Program Carcinogenesis Studies of Cell Phone Radiofrequency Radiation, stated on 6/16/16:
"The incidence of tumors is not the measurement of risk alone. Risk is determined from both the dosimetry, which is the absorbed power [multiplied by] time [of exposure], versus the tumor response . . . because of the large number of [exposed human] users worldwide, even a small increase in risk at exposure propensities that may be close to what humans experience, could result in a large number of people developing a RF-radiation-induced tumor with long-term exposure.
The US Federal Government officially recognized Radiofrequency Microwave Radiation exposures as a toxic agent in 1964 when the US Government started paying its US Embassy personnel stationed in Moscow hazard pay — in recognition of the many health hazards that US personnel faced that were significantly higher than those faced by other Embassy personnel stationed around the world. The longer the time in the US Embassy in Moscow, the worse the health hazards.
The following secret CABLE (diplomatic memo) was sent by the US Ambassador to the Soviet Union, Walter J. Stoessel, Jr., who served in Moscow for three tours, with a total of four years exposure to "RADIATION BEAMS OF MICROWAVE ENERGY IN THE FREQUENCY RANGE ABOVE ONE GIGAHERTZ" at the Embassy, where he worked.
Walter J. Stoessel’s Tours at the US Embassy in Moscow:
From Stoessel’s New York Times Obituary:
- 1947-1949 Stoessel was posted to Moscow as a second secretary
- 1963-1965 Stoessel served in Moscow as minister-counselor
- 1974-1976 Stoessel served in Moscow as US Ambassador to the Soviet Union
In 1976, after a public dispute over whether the Soviet authorities were beaming microwave radiation at the United States Embassy, Mr. Stoessel was reassigned to West Germany, where he was Ambassador until 1981.
Stoessel died from Leukemia at age 66. Stoessel was the third US Ambassador to the Soviet Union that worked at the US Embassy in Moscow between 1953 and 1978 to die prematurely. The other Ambassadors died of brain tumors while stationed in Moscow. More details are here: Hazards of EMFs and RF Microwave Radiation.
BEGIN: TEXT OF DIPLOMATIC CABLE
SECRET MOSCOW 1437
EMO. 11652: XGDS-3,4
TAGS: ASEC, US,UR
SUBJ: MOSCOW SIGNAL – APPROACH TO GROMYKO
REF: MOSCOW 1436
1) FOLLOWING IS TEXT OF INFORMAL PAPER LEFT WITH GROMYKO, AS MENTIONED IN PARA ONE REFTEL.
PRINCIPAL CONCLUSIONS OF U.S. EXPERTS
MEASUREMENTS OF MICROWAVE RADIATION LEVELS TAKEN BY US SPECIALISTS IN U.S. EMBASSY MOSCOW OVER PERIOD OF SEVERAL MONTHS INDICATE THAT EMBASSY IS RECEIVING TWO RADIATION BEAMS OF MICROWAVE ENERGY IN THE FREQUENCY RANGE ABOVE ONE GIGAHERTZ. ONE COMES FROM A POINT TO THE EAST OF THE CHANCERY AND THE OTHER FROM A POINT TO THE SOUTH.
THESE EMANATIONS ARE PRESENT, EITHER ALTERNATELY OR OCCASIONALLY SIMULTANEOUSLY, FOR PERIODS APPROXIMATING 18 HOURS PER DAY.
THESE BEAMS HAVE RESULTED IN RADIATION DENSITIES WITHIN CHANCERY OFFICES AND SOME APARTMENTS OF PERSONNEL RANGING FROM 1,000 TO 15,000 MICROWATTS PER SQUARE METER.
JOINT MEASUREMENTS CONDUCTED WITH SOVIET EXPERTS ON JANUARY 28
WHEN ONLY ONE OF THE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED SOURCES WAS EMITTING IN THE LOWER ENERGY RANGE OBSERVED PREVIOUSLY, WERE CONSISTENT WITH PREVIOUS U.S. MEASUREMENTS. IN PARTICULAR THEY CLEARLY REVEALED THE DIRECTIONALITY OF THE BEAM FROM THE EAST.
THE LEVELS OF MICROWAVE RADIATION IN THE EMBASSY BUILDING MEASURED OVER TIME BY U.S. TECHNICIANS, AND THOSE MEASURED JOINTLY WITH SOVIET TECHNICIANS, ARE SEVERAL ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE ABOVE THE TYPICAL BACKGROUND LEVEL IN U.S. CITIES, AND ALSO ABOVE THE BACKGROUND LEVEL MEASURED IN U.S. RESIDENCES IN MOSCOW WHICH ARE AWAY FROM THE CHANCERY BUILDING.
OUR MEDICAL EXPERTS ARE OF THE CONSIDERED OPINION THAT PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO MICROWAVE RADIATION AT THE LEVELS MEASURED IN THE U.S. EMBASSY CONSTITUTE A HEALTH HAZARD.
NO LEVEL OF RADIATION IN THE U.S. EMBASSY WHICH IS SIGNIFICANTLY ABOVE THE TYPICAL BACKGROUND LEVEL IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS OF LARGE INDUSTRIAL CITIES IS ACCEPTABLE TO US.
2) SUMMARY OF FULL REPORT WILL BE TRANSMITTED AS SOON AS AVAILABLE, HOPEFULLY TODAY, AND TEXT OF FULL REPORT WILL BE SENT SO AS TO BE AVAILABLE IN WASHINGTON BY OPENING OF BUSINESS FEB. 2.